This two-day workshop introduces participants to the discipline of Human-Centred Design. Participants will learn how HCD can be used to:
– Understand the needs of the different stakeholders.
– Encourage frequent prototyping and sense-checking of ideas.
– Promote effective interdisciplinary collaboration.
– Provide teams with a repeatable way to innovate.
Who should attend?
Those who wish to accelerate innovation within their organisation, are interested in Human-Centred Design (Design Thinking), or who want to improve their skills in these areas, including:
– Product managers, designers, researchers, user experience professionals, marketers, consultants, engineers, and learning professionals interested in Human-Centred Design.
– Business, non-profit, government, and academic leaders involved in embedding innovation into their organisations.
What do you teach?
Examples of methods we typically teach include:
WHAT WE THINK WE KNOW
– Stakeholder Mapping
– Journey Mapping – Persona Profiles
– Hypothesis Generation K
– Contextual Inquiry
– Experience Visualisation
– Hypothesis Testing
– Understanding Insights
ASSESSING WHAT WE KNOW
– Heuristic Assessment
– Affinity Clustering
– Assessment Matrices
– Qualitative Synthesis
USING WHAT WE KNOW
– Harnessing insights
– Horizon mapping
TESTING WHAT WE KNOW
– Quick and Rough Prototyping
– Usability Testing – Customer Validation
– Defining the MVP
How is the course different?
Practical and hands-on with a focus on learning-by-doing, using several different practice exercises that combine individual work with small group collaboration.
Taught by experienced practitioners working in product, service and experience design.
Flexible framework and methods relevant to different industries and design challenges, including digital products, physical products, services, processes and policies, and applicable across the entire product/service development lifestyle (front end and back end).
Small class size (max of 12) for more individual attention.
Visit their Website for more information.
14th & 15th June 2017, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM over two days
PDD Group Ltd, 87 Richford Street, London, W6 7HJ